I made this for my in-laws on Easter, and it was a hit. I love plain, fresh steamed asparagus, but this is great for a special dinner. Browned butter lends a nutty flavor to the sauce, which makes the dish, so make sure you don't skip that step!
Oven Roasted Asparagus
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, trimmed
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Arrange the asparagus on a baking sheet. Brush lightly with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake asparagus 12 minutes in the preheated oven, or until tender.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat, cooking until brown. Add the soy sauce and balsamic vinegar and boil until slightly reduced. Pour over the baked asparagus to serve.